Vanity Card #17 - The Gallant Rainbow


The American author Augustine "Og" Mandino II once wrote:

I seek constantly to improve my manners and graces, for they are the sugar to which all are attracted.

To my perfect demise, I today reached the cap of being heterosexual male with good manners and ushered into the same level of awesomeness with Neil Patrick Harris
I don't know how to tell you this but..


One lovely woman thought that I was gay for the fact that I actually treated her the right way - by being genuinely nice. While the last shred of manliness crumbled inside of me, it got me really thinking about where are we headed as men and women in today's modern societies. Most of all, do I seriously lack the aggressive caveman DNA? How many women have I turned away by being too cuddly and nice? 

While starting to unravel these questions, I have never felt so disconnected from the reality. I better go find out where that last shred of my manliness crumbled since it must have been the element that glued the rest of my sanity together. 

Now if you excuse me, I'm off to do some woodworking. 
Then I'm going to drink some scotch and start a fight like a man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

25, Wild and free.

Damn, this sounds just like another dating service profile.

The author was given another life after living the usual household hell for a couple of decades.

Nowadays the writer has devoted his time to think about the big scary things..like relationships. Personal economy.
Women and the space time continuum.
There must be a loophole?

Currently living in the outskirts of Helsinki, Finland.
The homeland of saunas, koskenkorva and winters so cold, they might be written by George R.R Martin.

Enjoy the carnival! Pick a card..
After all..life is all about the vanity.

- George